Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why Belong to a Church?

Well, there are many reasons. Today I was thinking about how great our church bazaar was this past Saturday and how members of our church worked together to make it happen. People I meet who do not go to church often say to me, "I'm spiritual; I don't need to go to church to connect with God." That's true--we can connect with God anywhere. God is with us all the time. But to be a Christian is to be part of the faith community, which is the Body of Christ. One's faith journey is enriched beyond measure by worshiping and working with others to the glory of God. The church bazaar is a good example of why being part of a church is so important. We raised over $3,000 to fund our Food Pantry, which helps the working poor of our area. Together we can so much for God. We are the hands of Christ in the world.

No comments: