Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Last Day of Sabbatical - Week at Richmond Hill






Today was my last day of the sabbatical! I spent it with my dog Maggie, just having some time together after being apart for three months. Last week I was at Richmond Hill, the ecumenical retreat center in Richmond VA. I spent the week reviewing my journals from the summer...praying with what seemed to be speaking to me and preparing to come back to Winchester and parish ministry. It was a very good week. I lived in Richmond after seminary, from May of 2000 to September of 2003, before moving to Winchester. During those first years of ordained ministry, I went to Richmond Hill often for the weekly community Eucharist they hold. Being back there enabled me to reconnect with those first years of ordained ministry as I look to the future. Here are some pictures of Richmond Hill.

No comments: