Monday, February 25, 2013

An Outsider

The angel in the alley made an impression on me when I was a young girl. Why did it? What was that? I saw the angel in the stained-glass window from the outside only. Did I feel the energy and the power of God, the love of God, reaching out to me, using this angel in a stained-glass window? God will use the circumstances of our lives to connect with us. I never saw the inside of that church, or the angel in her full glory, with bright colors, as visible from the inside. I was always looking at that icon from the outside. I was an outsider when it came to the Church, organized religion...my parents were going to save me from all that...all the negative aspects of the Church as an institution. I never saw the inside of that church, as a child. We left Winchester when I was seven years old; my mom and dad and I moved to Miami. We left, but the angel never left me.

No comments: